Guwahati: At least 10,000 methamphetamine tablets worth over Rs 3.3 crore were recovered by the Aizawl Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles and the Excise and Narcotics Department.
According to an official statement, the contraband was recovered from the general area of Chaltlang of Aizawl.
Based on the information received, a Mobile Vehicle Check Post (MVCP) was set up in Chaltlang, during which the movement of a suspicious vehicle was observed. The car was stopped and checked.
The cargo was seized and four people were arrested.
Also read | Arunachal to get Northeast India’s first fish museum
- DDLJ will be rerun in theaters on the occasion of Shahrukh Khan’s 57th birthday
- Center for Citizenship of Pak, B’desh, Afghan Minorities under the Citizenship Act, 1955
- Prez calls on scientists and urban planners to develop ways to save water
- India donated 200 vehicles to Nepal as a logistical support for the November 20 elections
- Meghalaya: BSF, BGB will meet at the level of commanders
- Army Chief Gen Pande held talks with COO of Royal Bhutan Army