Today, we’re announcing new features to Instagram that make it even more fun and easy to collaborate, create and share videos.
More ways to work with enhanced remix features
Our Remix tools are expanding to help you improve your Instagram story and collaborate with your favorite creators and friends, including:
- Remix for photos: Photos are the core of the Instagram experience. In the coming weeks, you will be able to put together general images. It gives you unlimited flexibility to create your own unique reel.
- Extended Remix Layout: Choose between green screen, projection screen, vertical split screen, or interactive picture-in-picture view to add your own visual information to existing reels.
- Add your clip: A hot tango? Instead of having your remix appear at the same time as the original track, you can add your clip after the original to play.
Make Fun and Patterns with Two
We want to make it easy for everyone to share their creative ideas, so we’re adding more features that let you capture, edit and share – right from your phone.
- Example: Need a little information? Templates allow you to create a reel by preloading sound and placeholder clip, so you can easily add your own photos and videos. You will find clean sample ideas tap the camera icon on the Video tab.
- Double: Write the content and your reaction at the same time. You can record using the front and back cameras of your phone at the same time to share another view using the Second option in the Instagram camera.
New Video Posts on Instagram Are Shared as Fun
As reels offer an immersive and entertaining way to watch and create videos on Instagram, we’re bringing these creative tools and a full-screen experience to your video posts. In the coming weeks, new video ads shorter than 15 minutes will be shared as a reel. Videos before this conversion will be videos, not reels.
- The discovery: If you have a public account, your new videos – now viral – can be recommended to be seen by more people on Instagram. This applies to reels under 90 seconds in length. If your account is private, your reels will still be visible to your followers.
- Profile: We’ll also integrate the video and Videos tab on your profile, giving you one home for all your videos.
We’re always working on ways to improve your Instagram experience. We will continue to work in ways that are beneficial it’s easier and more fun to create and share videos on Instagram.