Recently, Instagram introduced the Hide Text feature. You can use it to filter negative and negative messages with legitimate messages. According to the photo-sharing app, users who use Passwords for messages see 40% less negative and malicious content.
For the uninitiated, Hidden Words is a list of words, phrases, and emojis used to hide words that seem offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate. Users can limit the amount of content they see by using this feature.
To enable the Password feature on Instagram, here is a guide for you:
- Launch the Instagram app on iOS
- By clicking on your profile picture, you can access your profile. You can find it in the lower right corner.
- Click the menu button with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select the
- Select Password from the menu.
- Select Hide messages, Advanced message filters, and Hide popup messages under the Bad words and phrases tab.
Importantly, the hidden information is still included in all the user’s information on a post even if no one can see it.
Words, numbers, emojis, and phrases that users do not want to appear in messages or messaging applications can also be added to the Hidden Words list by users.
How to add custom words to the Password list:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click the icon for your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Select the three-line menu that appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Access the Settings tab.
- Select Privacy from the menu, then select the Password tab.
- Click the Manage custom words and phrases option under the Custom Words and Phrases menu.
- Put in the text box the words, phrases, numbers or emojis that you don’t want to see.
- Enable your own text list for chat and messaging apps by turning on the toggles for Hide chat and Hide messaging apps.