If someone gets into your Instagram account or if you can’t log in, there are several ways you can do it directly through the website or the app to recover your account and protect your account. social media from fans.
When your Instagram account is hacked, hackers can gain access to your account, impersonate you, affect your online reputation, misuse your personal information for identity theft, and harm your friends and family. . More importantly, a hacked Instagram business account can also cost you money.
How do you know if your Instagram account has been hacked?
Here are some signs that your Instagram account has been stolen. If you see any of the following changes in your Instagram account, it’s possible that someone else has accessed your Instagram account:
- A different profile picture and feed photos will appear in your account
- Following people you don’t know
- New messages are being sent to unknown people
- Your account will stop accepting your password and you will not be able to log in
Here are the steps to follow to recover your hacked Instagram account
Check your email for a message from Instagram
The Instagram support team will send you an email ([email protected]) informing you that your email address has been changed.
You can opt out of this by selecting the ‘protect my account’ option in that email message. In case, other information has been changed, then you can request a security code or login link from Instagram.
Request a login link from Instagram
To help Instagram verify that you have an account, you can ask Instagram to send a login link to your phone number or email address.
On the login screen, click ‘Get login help’ (Android) Forgot password? (iPhone or Web Browser)
Enter the username, email or phone number associated with your account, then click ‘Next’.
Note: If you do not have access to the username, email or phone number registered to your Instagram account, enter the login information you used recently and select ‘Can’t reset your password’? below the ‘Next’ button and follow the on-screen instructions
- Enter the captcha to confirm you are a human
- Select your email or phone number and click ‘Next’
- Click the login link from your email account or text message (SMS) and follow the instructions
- Request a security or support code from Instagram
- If you can’t recover your account and login link, you may be able to request support from Instagram
To request support from Instagram:
Enter a secure email address that only you can access. After submitting your request, you will receive an email from Instagram with the following steps
Verify your identity
You will receive an auto-reply email from the Support Team at Meta asking you to verify your identity by providing the phone number or email address you signed up with and the type of device used by you at the time of signing.
- Change your password and we will send you a password reset email
- Turn on two-factor authentication for extra security
- Make sure your email address and phone number in the account settings are correct
- Check ‘Account Center’ and remove linked accounts you don’t have or don’t know about
- Block access to suspicious third-party apps
Ways to avoid phishing
- Ignore suspicious emails and messages
- Do not open or trust messages or emails that ask for money, offer gifts, or threaten to delete or block your Instagram account.
- Emails from Instagram or Facebook about your account will only come from @mail.instagram.com or @facebookmail.com.