B+C he has partnered with a commercial modeling company that is often on TV and with the company Spot.tv (opens in a new tab) to bring you a weekly chart we call Promo Mojo: unique data showing the most promoted TV programming ranked by advertising impressions. Our data covers the seven-day period to October 30.
A Hallmark Channel Original Movie Jolly Merry Christmas — part of the network’s “Countdown to Christmas” blocking programming — is No. 1.
The Paramount Network is taking second place to promote the upcoming fifth season Yellowstone. Traditional broadcast networks are circling the floor, with Fox hyping an eighth season of The Masked Singer Third, NBC gives love to sitcoms Lopez vs. Lopez and Young Rock fourth, with CBS promoting a new episode of The spirits in the fifth.
Obviously, Jolly Merry Christmas the highest iSpot Attention Index score (116) in the list, which means that viewers were more likely to watch the promos in every way (vs. interrupting the viewing by changing the channel, pulling up the guide, fast forwarding or turning off the TV).
- Views: 235,963,613
- Disruption rate: 3.07%
- Attention Index: 116 (16% fewer distractions than avg.)
- Imp. Categories: National 98%, Local 1%, VOD/OTT 1%
- Net worth: $1,409,044
- Out of network Est. Spend: $166,272
- Views: 234,159,300
- Disruption rate: 2.61%
- Attention Index: 101 (1% fewer distractions than avg.)
- Imp. Categories: National 95%, Local 2%, VOD/OTT 3%
- Net worth: $1,258,907
- Out of network Est. Expenditure: $37,976
- Views: 220,615,381
- Disruption rate: 0.70%
- Attention Index: 92 (8% more distractions than avg.)
- Imp. Categories: National 90%, Local 8%, VOD/OTT 2%
- In-network value: $2,105,653
- Out of network Est. Spend: $574,990
- Views: 211,554,360
- Disruption rate: 1.58%
- Attention Index: 113 (13% fewer distractions than avg.)
- Imp. Categories: National 94%, Local 5%, VOD/OTT 1%
- Net worth: $1,835,002
- Out of network Est. Spend: $617,674
- Views: 206,847,088
- Disruption rate: 1.40%
- Attention Index: 102 (2% fewer distractions than avg.)
- Imp. Categories: National 93%, Local 4%, VOD/OTT 3%
- Net worth: $2,132,490
- Out of network Est. Spending: $0.00
* Data provided by Spot.tvTV Advertising Rating for Disruptive Scores*
For more information about Promo Mojo – including a chart that ranks promos beyond the top five – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideas: Total comments in all US houses including Linear National (Live & Time-shifted), VOD and OTT, and Local.
Note: It measures consumers’ propensity to interrupt a television commercial. The higher the score, the more total views. Actions that interrupt an ad include changing the channel, pulling up the guide, fast forwarding or turning off the TV.
Direction of Attention: Represents the performance of a particular design or system placement compared to its industry average. The average is represented by 100 points, and the full range of the index is from 0 to 200.
Types of Expression: Display types covered include National (Live + Time-shifted), Local, VOD & OTT. See below for more details.
In-Network Value: Estimated media cost of in-network ads.
Out-of-Network Expenses: Estimated amount spent on TV broadcast time in commercials for a given date range.
Nation: Live: National advertising viewed during broadcast time or same day, via DVR or on demand.
Location: A promo that was shown during the local ad break slot.
VOD: This includes promos that run on the desired content in the last three days (ie they don’t contain promo load).
OTT: On-demand streaming content (ie Hulu, Roku, Fire TV Stick, Chromecast). ■