Walmart’s first Black Friday sale begins Nov. 7. Photo courtesy of Walmart
Walmart has released details on its first round of Black Friday deals starting Monday with savings on toys and electronics.
Why this is important: The world’s biggest retailer is rolling out specials in November as rivals woo inflation-hit shoppers looking to stretch their budgets.
Yes, but: Just like Amazon requires a Prime membership to get first dibs on its deals, Walmart+ members get seven hours of early access.
Walmart Black Friday 2022 Sale
Weekly sales will debut on Walmart.com every Monday in November at 7pm ET and start in stores days later.
- Week 1: The first sale begins online at 7pm ET on Monday, November 7 and in stores on Wednesday, November 9.
- Week 2: Deals start online at 7pm ET on Monday, November 14th and start in stores on Wednesday, November 16th.
- Week 3: The final Black Friday sale starts online at 7pm ET on Monday, November 21 and in stores on Friday, November 25.
Walmart Black Friday event 1 deals include TV, toys
Discounts on electronics and toys, including televisions, a $79 HP Chromebook (cheaper than last year’s $87 Samsung Chromebook), among the top deals, Walmart shared a sales preview.
- Robot locks will also be featured on the floor along with small kitchen appliances such as Keurig coffeemakers and air fryers.
Walmart + membership agreement, benefits
Game mode: Walmart is looking to grow its membership by offering a rare 50% off deal for new members.
- On Thursday, November 3, the cost of Walmart membership + is $ 49 instead of $ 98 per year or $ 12.95 per month.
Benefits include: Free delivery, gas discounts, Spotify Premium and Paramaout+.
- Walmart+ paid members get early access to Black Friday sales starting at noon ET on each sale.
Actual view: Last year, hot items like the Sony PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X sold out quickly during early access sales.
JCPenney Black Friday ad released with first deals
In contrast, JCPenney has released details of its Black Friday sales and will keep its stores closed on Thanksgiving for the third year in a row.
- The retailer has one day of early access deals on Tuesday, November 1st.
More from Axios: